Thurm and I had a great weekend. Saturday morning we went on a walk, which was supposed to be a run, but we ended up having a 45 minute argument about topics such as “is it healthy to discuss every mood swing the other person has or could we just ignore some and hope it goes away,” “does everyone have a conscience?”, etc. You’d think quiet, polite, easy going Thurm wouldn’t like to argue, but occasionally he indulges. The rest of the day was just running errands, cleaning, we planted some herbs, played with the little girl who lives upstairs, played a round of croquet in the yard with Thurm’s family, etc. It was just a nice, sunny, relaxed day. It felt like a day I’d spend with my mom in the summer. It felt like home.
Church on Sunday was one of those days where I teared up over everything in sacrament meeting and felt really grateful for my life and the people in my life. I just couldn’t get over my husband all day—He is such a good man. Good like how you feel about your dad or grandpa (not that I think of Thurm like my I think of my dad). He has values, principals, morals, he’s kind, and he treats me like a queen. If I wasn’t such a prideful person, this whole blog would be me gushing about how lucky I am and what an amazing husband I have. But I roll my eyes at those kind of girls : )
We went to a choir concert Sunday night and I was inspired to work on any musical talents I might have hiding. I watched the chorister almost the whole concert, mostly because she was really entertaining because she was so animated, but also because I have a new interest in leading music. It made me more excited about leading my primary kids.
Today we had a reorganization meeting at work. Our boss is reorganizing how our work is distributed. As of right now, we just have a big pool of work and whoever has the skills and/or the time completes the project. But soon we will be on client teams so I (ideally, but it’ll never happen) will only do the work for my team. This could potentially be good for me because it could foster working my up to a higher position. However, it could be frustrating because of who I’ll be working with. In the past, it was a rocky relationship, but hopefully this won’t be a problem this time around. Regardless, it might shake up my work life, which is good, because I’m not terribly happy here.
No comments:
Post a Comment