Friday night Thurm & I drove an hour & a half to Mirror Lake which is in the Uintahs past Kamus. We found a great spot to camp away from everyone else near a meadow. It was really beautiful, other than the SWARMS of mosquitos. However, my brilliant husband figured out that if you burn tree sap it works as a mosquito repellant! I always think I love camping until about 4am when I’m freezing and sore from the hard ground. The next morning we walked around Mirror Lake and sang “Touch Me” by The Doors.
I also finally finished Jane Eyre. I loved it! We rented the A&E version of it and watched it on Sunday. I didn't really like the actor who played Mr. Rochester, but thought they did a pretty good job of following the book. I've started reading "Cat's Eye" by Margaret Atwood. I read her book "The Handmaid's Tale" and have put it on my top 10 favorite books. "Cat's Eye", however, is not going to make the cut. I do like her writing style, I'm just not as in-love with this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment