Thursday, July 05, 2007

“Ohhh, say can you see”

4th of July was great! We woke up at 8:30 to attend our neighborhood parade (50 kids on bikes). It ended at a little neighborhood park two blocks from our house, where they had breakfast waiting for us. I lead the star spangled banner for the crowd… does it really need leading? We watched our neighbor’s little girl for an hour at the park while he ran an errand. Kassie, the little girl, and Thurm had fun throwing water balloons at each other.
Later we went swimming at Thurm’s brother’s apartment. I took lots of swimming pictures. We ate dinner at “Eat-A-Burger” with Thurm’s brothers and our friend Amy. We watched “A Street Car Called Desire,” which, of course, was a great movie. Classic movies always are. There was lot of lying around time, relaxing, napping, etc. We went to Sugarhouse Park to watch the fireworks. I’ve done this in previous years, but never thought about traffic because we just walked to the park from my apartment. But traffic is a BIG consideration when choosing where to watch fireworks. The fireworks ended at 10:30 and we didn’t get home till mid-night.

Recent Events:

Thurm squished a HUGE, FAT spider in the bathroom and immediately after the squish, 40+ baby spiders crawled from underneath the tissue!!! AHHHHHH!!! A NIGHTMARE! I still have the heebie-jeebies thinking about it.

I rear-ended a car this morning. Well, not really, I just tapped her bumper, but I was still scared that she’d freak out. Stopped at a stoplight, I was tweezing my eyebrows in the rear-view mirror and not realizing that the pressure of my foot on the break was lessening. I bumped her, we looked at our cars, nothing happened, so we went on our way. But it still made me panic.

No comments: