Thursday, August 09, 2007

Wendover or Bust...

Thurm got a job teaching English at Wendover High School. We are moving there September 1st. I'm still unsure as to my employment, but a few options are in the works. Its taken me a week to wrap my head around living in a town made up of 5,000 people, all of whom work for the five casinos. Two hours from anywhere... in the middle of the desert...but I am actually warming to the idea of taking a 9 month sabbatical from the city life. It will be nice to get away from traffic. We can walk to work and go home for lunch : )
I am hoping that Wendover will just be a 9 month stint, but it could possibly turn into a 2-3 year stint. But it is going to be a great school for Thurm to get his feet wet in. Small classrooms, a laid-back principal, possible coaching positions. I think he is really going to like it there.
I'm sure my first week there I'll have goals set of how I'm going to spend my 9 months. I am FOR SURE taking up running. Nothing like a run in the desert. I think I'm going to photograph the entire town and all 5,000 people. Thurm & I talked about taking up shooting glass bottles with shot guns. Thurm thinks he might take up gambling. I could cocktail waitress in the evenings. The possibilities are endless. I need to re-name my blog www.wendovernatalie.blogspot.com.

No comments: