Thursday, September 13, 2007
I've been reading the 1st of a three part series of books called "The Kingdom and the Crown." Which is basically the "Work and the Glory" set in Jesus' time. So basically its LDS fiction and pretty predictable. However, it's having the desired effect on me. I started reading it because my mom highly recommended it and I needed something to read. The story line is fine, but its the history that has gotten me so excited. I'm finally understanding the difference between the Sadducee's and the Pharisees. The time line of the new testament and how it fits into history is finally making sense. The dynamic between the Roman empire and Israel is making sense. How all of this history effects today and the wars going on in Israel is making sense. How Mormonism and Judaism are so similar and why that is! I've thought that before and of course since Jesus was a Jew, that makes sense, but its all becoming so clear. I took a Old Testament class a few years ago and I had the same reaction---excitement. I just couldn't learn enough, fast enough. Its exciting gaining knowledge and truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You should really go there! That really brings it to life.
Shauna-
I got excited thinking you had a blog, but no, just a profile. I'd be a reader if you blogged : )
Over Labor Day we discussed not getting Christmas presents for each other for a couple years and save to go on a big trip. I voted for Israel! We figured you could find us a sweet deal on a tour or cruise, since you are the deal finder. What do you think?
Absolutely!
I do blog, just on my family website.
You will recall I tried to get the Jensens to support a family site, but it bombed.
Sorry!
Post a Comment