I've been working for one of the local casinos for five days now. I work on the 2nd floor in the offices. Which means I don't have to wear a uniform. This is a sign of status... not wearing a uniform. When I "lower" myself to go to the break room down stairs where all the uniformed people take their breaks, I get funny looks. On an elevator ride up to the second floor a "uniformed" woman looked at my cup of ice & water and asked "don't they have drinking fountains up where you work?" As if to imply that I was slumming it with the "uniformies."
I'm getting my photography business up and running. Turns out Wendover doesn't have an official wedding photographer. So that should bring in some good money once a year.
Thurm's classroom has a piano in it so I've been playing a little bit. I really like it-- I don't know why I hated practicing so much when I was younger. Oh, probably because my four brother were yelling at me to stop because they were trying to watch TV.
Thurm & I discovered "Netflix" so we are looking forward to getting two movies a month in our PO Box. We recieved our first one today!!! "The Office" Season 3, disk 1.
1 comment:
you might not wear a uniform, but you still wear a name tag. That's OK Nat, you can join my club now, the "taged" employees.
Post a Comment