Friday, October 12, 2007

Wendover Likes
• I can walk to work
• My husband is here
• The Salt Flats are really cool
• Lots of Hispanic culture
Wendover Dislikes
• It’s ugly dessert
• The whole town is built on gambling
• Everyone is up in each other’s business
• It’s ugly.
• No trees, no green.
• Its 2 hours from ANYWHERE!
• The people who live here think Salt Lake is scary and full of rude, ignorant people.
• The mountains are not even as good as Salt Lake’s
• It’s ugly.
• They don’t deliver mail to your house.


I teared up a little when we drove into Salt Lake last week. I missed the mountains. People can say what they want about Salt Lake, but it is a great city to live in. It’s not too big, but has everything you could ever want. It’s beautiful. The streets are lined with trees. It’s clean and safe. It’s right next to a huge, beautiful mountain range. People are nice. It’s relatively diverse (compared to the rest of Utah). The crime is low. There only a few ghetto areas. Overall a very wholesome atmosphere.
People like to complain about the Mormons there. And I will admit, there are the Mormons that are clique-ish, that are judgmental, that are fake-nice. However, aren’t there people like that everywhere, religious or not? And just as annoying as these hypocritical Mormons ruining it for the rest of it, are the people complaining about it. I am so sick of non-Mormon’s complaining about the Mormons! If you lived in Boston, you’d live amongst a Catholic majority. If you lived in Alabama, you’d have to live with a Baptist majority. People are hypocrites. People don’t live the religion they believe in. That’s ALL religions! It doesn’t matter where you live, people are different from you! Just respect others beliefs and be nice to each other!
This is probably a hot topic for all my friends of other religions. But I have never said a negative word about someone else’s religion. I think other religions are fascinating. So that’s why I can sit atop this high horse ; )

4 comments:

yo said...

I think hispanic culture should be under the negatives. Does that mean you have a large percentage of illegal aliens in your town? Do you have a P.O. box? That would be kinda cool I think. Love ya, miss ya.

Natalie said...

Dena-
Yeah, there are lots of illegal aliens. That does make me angry. But the culture is really cool and we have made some great friends.
And yes we have a PO Box. It is sort of fun going to check our mail : )

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

Welcome to Wendover! (Ended up here 8 years ago.)

(I found your blog in a search someone else used to find my blog.)

Justin Evans said...

This is Becky's husband. I am a poet, teacher, and photographer. I occasionally post my photos on my blog. Please feel free to stop by and comment on them from time to time.

Welcome, welcome. If you don't mind, I will be stopping by to look at your photos.