Thurm & I are going to NYC for Spring Break. I’ve done a bit of traveling in my life, and I’ve always wanted to go to NYC but never have. If you would have asked me where I wanted to go most when I was 16, I would have said NY. It’s taken me a decade to get there, so I hope I like it.
Our itinerary includes all the touristy sites and museums. Plus Thurm is going to run a few times at Central Park, which he is very excited about. We are flying stand-by, which is always a huge hassle. You never know if you’ll actually make it to your destination and how long it might take you to get there. I have many memories of sitting in airports waiting to get on a flight. The other thing that might be an issue is that we are staying in a hostel on the upper eastside. Normally, I wouldn’t even care. I’ve stayed in lots of hostels. But with my pregnant belly, I’ve been having lower back pain at night. I just hope our bed is decent so I’m not crippled the whole week. And I hope it’s not ghetto, because I have to make lots of mid-night trips to the bathroom. Thurm wouldn’t be too happy if I woke him up to come with me every four hours : )
I think I’m most excited to take photos of the architecture and eat food in Little Italy. Three more weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment