Thurm is done teaching!!! YAY! And I was done on Wednesday. We've been packing and cleaning. We are packing to spend the summer in Idaho. And also for the fall--- because if we stay we'll be moving apartments and if we go we'll be moving towns. So regardless, we'll need to be packed. So our house is half packed and we'll pack the rest in August.
The biggest and only perk (that I can see) of teaching is summers off. That is so cool-- I am SOOO excited to have the summer to hang out with my family, play with our new baby, go hiking and camping. I mentioned to Thurm that potentially I could be done working for the rest of my life. I saw fear creep into his eyes as he realized he might be the only bread winner. Haha : ) I was mostly teasing because I can't see myself being at home after my kids are in school. I'm not really the scrapbooker type.... I don't craft...I don't bottle my own fruit....
Ideally I'd like to have a photography business out my home. I still have a long way to go, but I think after a few lighting seminars I might be able to pull it off. And actually I've gotten quite a bit of professional experience here in Wendover. But I will need to have something to do or I'll go crazy. And it might as well be something that will bring in extra money.
A few women that I go to church with and work with, threw me a baby shower on Wednesday. We got alot of cute stuff, toys, diapers, outfits, blankets, etc. I'm always so impressed by how generous people are. I was talking to my friend and she asked me if we had anything for the baby yet. She told her husband, "Knowing Natalie, she probably doesn't have anything and the baby will be sleeping in a box." Haha-how well she knows me. When we were roommates, I had a mattress on the floor and some lockers I got from the DI and painted red. I just hate collecting material crap and hauling it from apartment to apartment. Having couches(given to us by a neighbor, whom I'm sure felt sorry for us sitting on the floor) and a queen bed is killing me : ) Once we are settled into a house, then I'll buy some furniture. We actually haven't bought the baby anything except a "I Heart NYC" onesie. We are getting alot of hand-me-downs from my sister-in-laws and now we have shower stuff.
Last weekend, a weekend of bordem, Thurm suggested that we watch my DVD's of "Dawson's Creek." I told him I didn't think he'd really like it. Much to my surprise, we've watched almost the entire first two seasons in one week. I think I'm going to get him a "I Heart Dawson's Creek" shirt. We were driving somewhere the other day and out of the blue he says "so tell me what you think about Dawson..." and before he could finish I burst out laughing. Either he is REALLY bored or his snobberies aren't above a little teenage soap opera.
3 comments:
How's Pocatello?
I was listening to old messages and deleting them, but then Thurm's voice busted through with, "Yes ... Amy ... I will ... leave you a message that is." Cracks me up non-stop.
When're you guys going to Idaho? I'm going to be there this weekend. Hope to see you.
Hey Natalie,
Have you had that baby yet??? Are you guys going to be in Poky for most of the summer? I'm always going over there and Nichelle is moving to Arizona at the end of the summer so we should get together. It would be great to catch up. Email me if you get a chance...pkogrant[at]netscape[dot]net
Post a Comment