Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Instigator

Somehow I always end up being the leader in whatever cause my fellow co-workers are fighting. In Taiwan, my fellow kindergartner teachers and I felt very strongly about how the secretaries at the school disciplined the kids. Everyone felt really strongly, so I wrote up an email, had the other teachers read/agree with it and sent it. This action pegged me as a trouble maker from the beginning. I guess because I don't like JUST complaining, I want action taken. I can think of two other jobs where I stood up for a righteous (in my mind) cause.

This week I've heard nothing but complaints from the teachers I work with about our housing. The school district provides cheap apartments for the teachers who come here, which is awesome. However, there are lots of things that need to be fixed or maintained. Almost every apartment has a leak, appliance that is broken, bugs & ants, etc. So after listening to everyone complain for 2 days, I asked if anyone had ever gone to the district about it. Nope-its easier just to quietly complain. So I've taken it upon myself to write up a list things that need to be fixed in each apartment and we are sending it into the district tomorrow. I'm a little afraid there might be repercussions or that I might be pegged again as a trouble maker. I'm just trying to help things get done. The good part of this, is that my boss is going to send the email, so maybe my name won't be linked: )

23 days till my due date
10 days till school is over
3 teaching days for Thurm
14 days till we move to Idaho for the summer
3 days till the weekend!
4 hours till bedtime

No comments: