I have had a few scary "baby" moments that have haunted me and that I still think about.
1. When I was 16, I was babysitting my niece. She was sleeping in my bed for the night and I woke up practically laying on top of her. It scared me to death thinking I could have crushed or suffocated her.
2. I was cutting my little nephews fingernails when he was just a few weeks old. He moved his hand at the last second and I cut his finger. It bled like crazy and he cried like I broke his arm. My brother was pretty mad at me, but since then has let me babysit his kids.
3. I was playing with my other niece in a hot tub and I was pretending to be a shark and biting her leg under the water, not realizing I was pulling her head under. When I came up she was sputtering and crying because I almost drown her. My sister-in-law did not look happy.
Now I can add my own baby to list. I put him on the couch to run and grab my flip-flops so we could go on a walk. I heard a thud and knew he had rolled off the couch. I felt terrible. He cried for a few minutes. I cried for a few minutes. And then he smiled at me to reassure me he was Ok. And all my nieces and nephews still seem to love me. Oh to be as forgiving as a child.
3 comments:
The part of this touching story that needs to be commented on is that you are old enough to have used safety pins in your diapers. Haha! : )
While you are a great grudge holder, I think you are a big softy too. You've forgiven me many a mean comment, see above.
In my defense, the "Jonathan Sucks" t-shirt was all Emily's idea. I just thought it was funny : ) And we all know how far from the truth it is. Besides it was a great conversation starter, "who's Jonathan? He must have really ticked you off."
Post a Comment