Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Why is it some days that I can get so much done and others, if I read a magazine I feel like I've accomplished something? Today has been a day of homemaking. I never, ever thought I'd be into crafting and cooking. I'm sure most of you have been to esty.com. Maybe its just because I haven't been to a store other than Smiths in months and months, but everything on esty looks so cool. But then, I went to the family dollar last week and looked at their clothes and thought "oh, cute!"
So these are brownies in a bottle. I think that our mothers might have done this back in the day, but its back and all the rage. So I tried it and I gotta say, its pretty fun eating brownies out of a bottle. And if you put the lid on right out of the oven, it will seal and stay good on a shelf for a few months.

This is my giraffe leg. I saw the cutest giraffe on esty and have made one leg so far. (My track record with finishing projects isn't very good. So far, I have an unfinished scrapbook, skirt, 1 baby leg warmer, and probably a few others I can't think of).

Last are some bottles of jalapeno jelly. I have been trying to think of ways to use all the baby food jars I have. Recently I made some glitter covered votive candle holders for Valentines that will probably be thrown away (a bit tacky). After a small fiasco with the jelly, we tried sealing the lids, but it didn't work. I read online that baby food jars are hard to get to re-seal, but that it can work. So now I have all this jalapeno jelly that will go bad after a couple months refrigeration. So I'm taking them to relief society tonight in hopes some women might take a few.

7 comments:

DeAnna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeAnna said...

Natalie just to let you know. If there are eggs in the brownies botulism can grow under anaerobic conditions if put on the shelf for an extended period of time. I don't claim to be an expert, but that is something that I have read.

Natalie said...

ok, good to know. thanks!

Nichelle said...

What does jalapeno jelly taste like? I have seen recipes for it but have always been too afraid to try it.

Natalie said...

Its hot and sweet (6 cups of sugar sweet). Its different for sure and not something you'd probably eat alot of. But its tasty : )

Pam said...

I love jalapeno jelly...wish I was closer to take some of that off your hands.

Nichelle said...

I'll have to try it the next time we grow jalapenos:). What do you eat it on? I don't really see it with peanut butter.