Monday, March 23, 2009

I was away from my baby for the first time since he was born for two days this weekend. I thought I would have a really hard time, but he was with his daddy I was totally fine. It helped tons that Thurm is such a great dad and knows Quinn's schedule and how to put him to sleep, etc.
I went to a photography seminar in Salt Lake. It was a good refresher course and I learned a few key things that I think will really improve my photos. The big one is to meter for the highlights. Meaning, find the white in your photo and meter for that so it doesn't get blown out. This is just totally opposite from how I learned. But I realized its because I learned in college on black & white film. In B&W film, you meter so the shadows have detail. I've always shot manual except for the last couple years when I lost all confidence. Anyway, its a whole new concept for me and I love it! It should help tons. And it was a great confidence booster because I pretty much knew most of what they taught. I took some new info from each class, but it was basically review. So that made me feel good about what I'm doing.

This is a giraffe I made Quinn last week. I saw something similar online. I decided to do hand stitching on the outside and stuff it with cellophane to make it crinkly sounding. I think I'm going to make another one, but stuff it with cotton.

3 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

Cutest giraffe ever! How did the critique go?

Pam said...

I love that giraffe! Is there anything you can't do?

Nichelle said...

Did you make a pattern that you will share?:) It is so cute.