Monday, April 20, 2009

SLC Marathon 2009

So we did it! I ran a 5k and Thurm ran a half marathon. However, not without some blood and tears. The blood was from Thurm's nipples. You can see he's trying to cover it with a creamcicle. Tears on behalf of sweet baby Quinn. Poor little guy got woken up at 5am and didn't go back to sleep till a mile left in the race around 8 am for about 30 minutes. He was screaming to the top of his lungs for 2 hours straight. The other racers looked on with pity and judgement. I just thought he was so tired he was beyond the point. However, when we got home at 2pm after hours of crying and whining, I took off his shoe to find his big toe was folded over and totally flat. It then swelled up, turned red, and blistered. No wonder he cried all day! I would too. I felt so bad. My poor baby : (

4 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

Dra has the cutest video of you and Quinn's legs finishing the race. Should I try to send it somehow so you can preview it?

Pam said...

Congrats! One day maybe I'll run a mile...

Nichelle said...

Great job you guys!

Hemmert said...

Poor Quinn :( Or as Lucy might say poor poor sad. Nice work on the running. My dad had the same problem as Thurman when he did the St. George Marathon. Maybe that is one advantage to being a girl? My half marathon injury was a sore ankle for weeks and two bruised toenails (one of which has now fallen off) Anyway, congrats!