
We went to Rupert over the weekend for Thurm's annual trip to asparagus hunt. This year was Quinn's first experience. I hope Thurm taught him his golden rule of "where there is one, there MIGHT be two" so Quinn wasn't as disappointed as I was to learn how sparse they are. It really is a hunt. This is Thurm on their canal bank hunting away. I have to say, I appreciate that his "hunting" doesn't involve guns... or blood for that matter.
Quinn broke out in what I think is a sun rash yesterday. Thurm has this same condition (though he refuses to believe he has a "condition") I looked it up online today and it sounds exactly like what Thurm has. They break out in hives and or blisters when exposed to the sun in the spring. As the summer goes on and their skin gets used to it, it goes away. Poor little Quinn must have the same sun allergy. He also has my allergy to Strawberries. He broke out in horrible hives about a month ago over a tiny piece of strawberry. So it will be sun hats and sun screen for the rest of his life. Which is probably for the best anyway.
We've made an offer on two houses, hopefully we find out today what's going on. We low-balled on the one we really want, but it needs alot of work. People keep saying to me "oh isn't it so fun to house hunt!" I am finding it sort of stressful. I guess if money wasn't an option it might be more fun. And its just such a big commitment. And especially to two people who couldn't commit to getting married till their late 20's. I guess we will just know when we've found the right one, then the commitment won't be so hard : )
Thurm only has a few days left of teaching!! We are SOOO excited for summer! Teaching has its drawbacks, but two months off for summer might just make up for them. Maybe. We have a week in Bear Lake, camping at Redfish Lake, and a week in Pocatello to look forward to in June. Last summer was spent agonizing over when Quinn was going to finally be born and then trying to sleep when I didn't have a baby attached to me.
2 comments:
What is asparagus hunting? Is he really hunting asparagus? I've never heard of it. I never really liked looking for houses but I don't think I could ever go back to renting:) I love the freedom. Once you sign the papers it will be easier. Once you don't have to look at the figures anymore it'll be just like paying rent...but better:)
You have a strawberry allergy? I didn't know that. So sorry. :(. We just bough 15lbs of asparagus from a nearby farm. I'm busy freezing it.
Post a Comment