Friday, July 03, 2009

Posting a new blog has been hanging over my head because solider boy Ben is sick of reading about "our refined heavenly homes." Guess we know where Ben is going.

Thurm, Quinn, & I have had a busy summer so far and its going to get busier! Mid-June we went to Bear Lake for a week with my family. We celebrated Quinn's first birthday by grilling hamburgers and breaking a pinata (photos to be posted soon). We thought the pinata was fitting because the first year of Quinn's life was spent in Wendover and that's the only culture he's ever known. I'll have to post pictures later. He wasn't that excited about the cake. I thought since I don't give him sugar that he would go crazy. When my niece, Elise, had her first taste of sugar during an Easter egg hunt, I thought she would claw someone's hand off if they took her cookie away. Quinn is more of a salty boy. He politely ate his cake but was more interested in the carrot shaped bat we bought for the pinata.

On our way home from Bear Lake we stopped in Logan and took some photos of my best friend's baby (photos to be posted soon). I set my camera down on her table within reach of Quinn and of course he pulled it off the table. The flash mount broke off and now I can't use a flash with that camera. The good news is I bought a NEW camera! So Thank YOU Quinn for providing the motivation to buy a new camera. However, I just took my sister-in-law's family photos (photos to be posted soon) and apparently I don't have a handle on the auto focus. It's a 12 point-system and half my photos turned out fuzzy. So I have to get that figured out before Monday. I have three sessions lined up for this Mon & Tues.

After Bear Lake we went to Pocatello for a week. It's always fun to go home. We helped do some yard work, ate lots of good food, watched a couple movies, and just hung out. My mom is collecting all my stuff that has been hanging around her house for the last decade and can't wait get rid of it. She thinks it will be about 2 truck loads of crap : ( We went to Idaho Falls for a night to see our niece, Emma, baptized. While we were there we got to attend the temple. This was only the second time since Quinn was born that we've gone! It was SO great! We went to the Rexburg temple and it was gorgeous! I wish I could live inside the temple. Now we are in Rupert for the 4th of July. We've gone to the "square" for 4th of July festivities. We've played lots of games. It's been nice to be in civilization so we can get some of our errands done. We save up all our shopping, fixing cars, going to the bank, etc. for when we visit our families. Can you believe we've lived in a town for two years doesn't have our bank!

But our BIG NEWS is that we finally bought a house!!! WOOHOOO!!! We committed! So hopefully next week we will be moving to Tooele! My brother did our inspection and said "it's a dump" and he "personally wouldn't buy it." But he also thought it could be a good investment and we potentially could make money on it. So with that encouragement, today was the last day for us to back out and we didn't. Wish us luck : )

No comments: