Monday, August 31, 2009

Seriously, so blessed ; )

Thurm & I have been working on our house trying to get the basement ready to rent. We were hoping to have it done by September, but we were kidding ourselves about our remodeling skillZ. We tried tiling the basement bathroom on Saturday. Its a huge mess, I don't think I measured one tile right and chipped the corner of every tile I cut. I caused a huge fight because I was so mad and frustrated over how completely lacking I am at something I thought looked easy. I hate tiling. And we still aren't done. There are a few more tiles to lay and grout and caulking to do. Oy Vey! After that is done we just have a bit of painting, installing some flooring in the kitchen, and carpet in the bedrooms. My sister-in-law scored us a free fridge so we will be good to go. Shauna is amazing when it comes to hunting up cheap or free stuff. She is the one to go to if you are looking for ANYTHING. Thurm needed a job a few years ago, she found him several to apply to. We recently needed a mattress...done. Want tickets to Disneyland for 75% off...done. Ask and ye shall receive. Its an amazing gift. I've been racking my brain for more things we are in need of.

We have been feeling the love from all our family, friends, and neighbors. Numerous people have brought us welcome gifts and told us how glad they are to have us in the neighborhood. Our neighbor Jim tilled our garden with his tractor and brought us 25 pounds of ground beef from his cows. Our new friend, Marie, a horticulturist came over and told us what every plant in our yard was, which was no small task. My brother did an inspection on our house and went through every nook and cranny and told us what was wrong and how to fix it. My mother has spent many, many days here helping us paint and taking care of us. My dad brought us supplies and is drawing plans for our attic. Thurm's parents came and helped us plumb two shower heads, fix some electrical, and hang wallpaper. My friend Danalin, knows how much I love her bathroom, so she bought me everything it will take to copy hers...the shower curtain, towels, rug, even the wall paint color!!! And Shauna is going to hunt down everything we need and get it for free. Thank you, thank you!!!! We love you all.

1 comment:

Pam said...

So could you hook me up with 75% discount Disneyland tickets...seriously?? :)