I was feeling pretty good about my day yesterday. I woke up, read Quinn books in bed. Made a healthy breakfast. Made a batch of peach freezer jam from the peaches on our tree.I did several loads of laundry. Gave Quinn a bath. I went through our storage and found our boxes of winter clothes to switch out. While Quinn napped I finished edging the blue paint in the kitchen. I gathered dried flowers and plants from our yard and made many decorative soaps. And all of this before 3pm.
THEN I left the front door open because it was a beautiful day and I wanted the warm air to come in. I wasn't worried about Quinn because he always stays in the front yard. I heard him go outside and I made a mental note to check on him in a minute. But before I could, I heard the door bell ring and a woman yells "hello! are you missing your baby?" I ran to take him and asked where he was. "In the street! Maybe you shouldn't leave your door wide open!" was the accusatory reply. I gave a really lame "he's never left the lawn before," while she stormed off, very holier than thou. I was embarrassed, relieved that Quinn was ok, mad at myself for leaving the door open, and ashamed that I was a negligent mother. So that completely ruined my day. And to top it all off, I glanced into my room later and Quinn had the string from the blinds around his neck and was swinging his head around. I cut those off immediatly. He is getting so tall! I'm going to have to baby proof a little higher!
I guess pride comes before the fall : ) I re-learn everyday that Quinn is not to be trusted. Just when I feel secure, he mixes it up.
4 comments:
We all have those moments--I have decided that it doesn't matter how much you try to prevent everything the kids WILL find a way. That is what they are supposed to do:)
Oh! I'm so grateful all is well! Just know that we have all been there in one way or another. You are a wonderful mommy and I'm so impressed with all you got done!
i had a cop find two of my escapees once....and he ripped me up one side and down the other. yes, we've all those moments. it's just part of the experience.
Post a Comment