Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Quick Update

I feel obligated to update my blog occasionally just for the fact that it is my journal, scrapbook, and only record of my life.  Lets pray the World Wide Web never crashes!

Thanksgiving was great. I'm still full. Seriously.  I don't know if I'll ever been able to eat yams again.  The thoughts of them makes me sick to my stomach.  I made a delicious new yam recipe this year, but I don't think I'll ever want to make it again.  Maybe I should fast for a few days.

We came home early from our vacation because Thurm's cousin died in a caving accident. The funeral was really uplifting and made me love the family so much for their positive and spiritual attitudes.

We came home to our renters moving in. They've been really great so far.  However, we can hear everything they do and I'm sure they can hear us too.  So we've decided that maybe our attic might be the new hang out.  We are going to get a couch and TV to put up there and make it a little more cosy.

I've been really bored the last couple weeks because I haven't been working on the house and there is only so much cleaning and cooking a girl can do. And I haven't felt motivated to do much else. Tooele doesn't have much in the way of entertainment.  I have been thinking about babysitting again lately.  A little extra money would be nice but it would be so great for Quinn to have someone to play with. He gets so bored with me! And it would give me something to do.  However, we will soon be fixing our roof, insulating, and building a master bedroom upstairs, so I know the boredum won't last much longer.

Quinn is a little bookworm. He would read books all day long if I had the patience.  He is constantly bringing me a book to read to him.  He has also been into watching Disney movies. He doesn't have the attention span for longer than 20 mins at a time, but he asks to watch it a few times a day.  His vocabulary is expanding. His latest words are "cheese, teeth, and crocs (shoes)".  He understands pretty much everything.  His latest trick, which got rave reviews over Thanksgiving, is pulling his sleeve over his hand and saying "eh, eh, eh" until someone asks "where's your hand" and then he whips it out like a magic trick and a huge smile on his face.  He came up with that all on his own. Cutie.  He eats pretty much anything I give him. He doesn't really like bread, but loves fruits and vegis.

PS what happened to spellcheck on blogger?

2 comments:

Elise said...

I wish I could have seen his little magic trick... next time, next time. (or you could record it and post it??) :D It was good to see you at Thanksgiving! Love you!

Natalie said...

Yeah, I'll have to film it. It was so good to see you too! It was too short especially since we won't see you at Christmas. I love you and miss you : )