Thurm went home teaching today and got to a members home right as the USA hockey team was tied and in overtime. The dad just looked at his son and said, "alright, turn off the TV." Wow! What a great example to his kid of priorities. I would have told the home teachers to come in and watch the last few minutes of the game with us. And I don't even watch sports.
So Quinn has learned the word "sh*t" from his mama. I have good reason. I set my laptop down on a burner that Thurm had just finished using. I melted a bit of the case before I realized what I had done. I think that deserved a "sh*t!!!!" Don't you? Ok, I've said it a few other times too. But Quinn thinks I'm saying "sit." So now when he says it, I say "oh you want to SIT down in the chair?" to reiterate the meaning. But if you just heard him say "sit" you would probably think he was saying the other word.
This week was pretty productive. I finished painting my kitchen, painted Quinn's room, did some touch up paint in the laundry room, painted my front door (not done with this, I have to wait till it warms up), and repainted a piece of furniture. However, I had to take a day off to puke my guts out and the one more day to clean and disinfect my house. But I'm hoping this week I have just as much energy to get stuff done. I really only have like two more months to get things done. After that I'll be a huge whale with no energy and after that I'll have a nursing baby and no energy. And then it'll be winter again.
1 comment:
You sound good! Congrats on the little boy! I LOVE having 2 boys. Oh, and my little Kalem has also learned a few swear words...from me!
Post a Comment