Thurm & I went to Pocatello for the weekend. It was my little brother's graduation from college, my birthday, and mother's day. Mother's day felt extra motherly this year because I have a little boy, one on the way, and I was with my mother. Thurm was sweet, per usual, and got me some great gifts. He gave me a Broadway Hits CD set early so we could listen to it on the way up. A glass 9x13 pan because every time I have to bake something in our crappy, rusted pans I complain about it. And an hour massage at a spa! YAY! I don't think I'll be able to redeem till after I've had the baby, but that's when I'll be needing a break! And I got great gifts, cards, phone calls, texts, hugs from everyone I love. Thank you : )
A woman in church yesterday gave a lesson on the history of the scriptures. It was fascinating and I was in awe of her knowledge. She told us that if we read 7 pages a day, which takes 15-30 minutes depending on your speed, you can read all the scriptures in a year. The Bible, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, and Doctrine & Covenants in one year! I'm so excited! I've always wanted to read the Bible, but haven't been motivated enough to ever finish. Right now we have a stake challenge to read the Book of Mormon in four months, which we are currently on track to do. So after we are done, we are going to just keep going to finish the other three books.
Quinn has been saying some funny words lately. He is getting the verbal point where he is frustrated when he isn't understood. He repeats and repeats until we figure it out.
Waffle: a-week-a-wok (no idea how this makes sense to him)
Lotion: No-loz
No comments:
Post a Comment