We've had an exciting 2011 and its only just begun. We came home from our 2 week holiday in Idaho on the 30th of January. I walked in our house and could smell smoke coming from our basement. Whilst we were vacationing our renters thought they could smoke in our house. Nothing could tick me off more. It was all I could do to hold my anger in check until they moved out, which took them an extra day, which caused our other renters to not be able to move in till the 4th, which cost us $70. I texted them to come get their car they left at our house. He texted back "how much is my deposit return?" I texted "well, its void since you smoked in our house." He texted "your joking, right?" Then he showed up on my porch pounding on my door. We had words for 10 mins or so. Thurm showed up, they had an altercation. There was a settlement so the guy would never step foot on our property again. Happy New Year!
Jens cut his first two bottom teeth. They are barely peeking up, but are adorable! I don't have a picture yet. Over the holiday Jens started to roll proficiently. He had done it a few times before, but had it perfected by Christmas. He is now working on sitting up. He also started eating cereal last week. He really likes it and is a great eater. So far he's had rice and oatmeal. He loves to lay on Quinn's bed and be bounced while Quinn jumps. He loves "patty-cake" and "this little piggy." Quinn can just yell nonsense at Jens and he will laugh. Jens loves Quinn. Jens laughs when you hold him upside down. His favorite activity is being held while I one-handed try to clean and cook.
Quinn is basically potty trained!! He has even woken up in the morning with a dry diaper! Quinn loves to watch Dora the Explorer, Diego, Backyardigans, and Super Why. The only problem with this is that he now has a HUGE imagination. Tonight he wouldn't go to bed because his bed was a river and there were crabs coming out of the corners of his bedroom.
He asks me frequently "mom, am I big or little?" Because for certain things like pouring his own juice, he is little. But for putting on his own boots, he is big. Must be confusing. He likes to talk about when Jens gets big, then Jens will be able to do the things Quinn can do, like chew gum.
Quinn can hardly wait for daddy to come home at night. The second daddy is home, Quinn is pulling on his hand to go play in his room. Thurm will spend a couple hours with Quinn in his room at night playing pretend, throwing balls, rough housing, etc. Poor boy is so bored with mommy all day and can hardly contain his excitement for daddy.
I was really hoping for January to be boring so I could just relax and read a book (Thurm gave me two for Christmas that I'm excited about). But so far I've been running around like a crazy woman. I always wondered what a stay-at-home mom could possibly do with all that time. Now I know. Now I see that working 9 to 5 is the easy life.
1 comment:
Sounds exciting:) My kids can never wait for daddy to get home either. He will wrestle and let them run around like maniacs.
Post a Comment