Jens has been getting ADORABLE and smiley. He loves when I kiss his checks. He will hold still, smiling and just let me nuzzle and kiss him. He has even been laying his head down on my shoulder occasionally. Neither one of my boys were cuddly until they were 7 or 8 months old. Is it a learned thing? Jens has been teething. He has his bottom two teeth and his top two (next to the front two teeth) have cut through. I'm guessing his front two teeth are trying to get out and are having problems. On top of teething he has been sick with diarrhea, a runny nose and cough. So he's been pretty needy. Jens has been sleeping upstairs all by himself for a few months now. What a big boy! He LOVES his mobile. He stares at it until I wind it up and the second I start he gets so excited waving his arms and legs.
Quinn has been a mixture of sweet and naughty lately. He says the funniest, cutest things. And then he turns around and hits Jens just to get a reaction out of me! Its pretty frustrating. We are taking a Love and Logic class and the big thing they teach is to not get angry. Wow is that hard! Nothing flips my switch like Quinn hitting Jens. I lose it! It takes all my will power not to get angry.
But back to how cute Quinn is... the other day in the car a song came on and he said "mom, my feet singing." I looked back and he was swinging his legs in time with the music. Its so fun to watch him start to understand more and more. He loves to "exercise and run" with daddy. He will touch his toes and say "mom I exercising." He still amazes me with his musical abilities. He learns songs so quickly. One time when he was interrupting and being obnoxious to get attention, I said "Quinn just sing, "Gotta have some of your attention, give it to me" (Brass in Pocket, by the Pretenders). And the other day when he wanted my attention he sang it and remembered the tune and lyrics! He's got mad skillz yo!
We are so close to finishing our attic bedroom. I just need to clean up the exposed chimney and then we can lay carpet. We are waiting for our tax returns to get the carpet. Its going to be so great to have some more room!!!
Thurm's been really into running. He has run a 5k, 10k, 15k, in March a 25 k and in April a half marathon. His stamina and endurance amaze me.
No comments:
Post a Comment