I realized today that I've only been a mother for a little less than three years! I feel like I've been a mother so much longer! Maybe because I've been a favorite aunt for 16 years. The past three years have been the happiest years I've had. Taxing, exhausting, frustrating... and most loving, happy, joyful, emotional, and WONDERFUL!
A few nights ago, Quinn was throwing a fit about bedtime. Thurm had locked his door and Quinn was throwing toys at it. So Thurm took his piggy bank and told Quinn he'd have to fix the door with his money. The next morning Thurm gave him his bank back because no damage had been done and he was a good boy the rest of the night. Quinn asked me to open the bank, he took out a quarter and began rubbing it on the door to "fix it with his money." Sweet : )
Today, when Quinn's patience was finally up, says "Mommy Natalie! I want to watch Dora!"
Jens had his 9th month check up and only weighs 17 lbs, only in the 5th percentile. When he was born, he was 50% but he has steadily dropped. We constantly call him "lil' chunk" and joke about how he eats non-stop. He has chubby cheeks and thigh fat rolls. I guess looks can be deceiving. He could eat all day if I let him, but I'm always worried about feeding him too much solid food because I want him to be hungry enough to nurse. I guess I'm going to have to let him eat more, poor skinny guy.
Jens is on his 5th night of sleeping through the night!!! 6pm to 6am! Quinn did the same at 9 months, but I trained him to sleep an extra hour till 7am. Jens is pulling himself up any and everywhere. He can walk holding onto a walker or our legs. And I swear he knows what "dada" means because he starts saying it when Thurm comes home. Geniuses... I'm raising geniuses : )
Thurm has 3 weeks left of school! YAY! This year went fast!
2 comments:
Can I just say I love your children and I love being involved in your posts... even if it's just small thing like you being a favorite aunt for 16 years! :) Love you favorite Aunt Nat! :)
I love you too favorite niece Elise : )
PS you need to tell me about your date. Have you had more?
Post a Comment