Monday, February 26, 2007

I have been extra clumsy lately. In one night I tripped over our Internet cord and pulled it out of the computer, knocked over a glass of water on the floor, and opened a cupboard door into my face. I got a cut and bruise right below my eye. The next day I glued BOTH hands to a superglue bottle. I was gluing with my right hand an noticed that it was stuck. So I used my left hand to try and pull it off, but it got stuck instantly. It was a scary few moments thinking that my hands would forever be glued to a dumb, tiny bottle.

Thurm and I had a semi-fun weekend. We decided to go to Wendover just for kicks. The deal was we each had $20 to gamble. And if we earned enough money for a hotel room we'd stay the night. We walked into the first casino called The Red Garter. "Skeezy" was the best word that we came up with to describe this place. It was depressing. I instantly regretted our weekend getaway choice. Watching the people in this place sucked all the hope and joy out of me. They were all addicts and unhappy. Addicts of alcohol, smoking, gambling and who knows what else. It made me thankful for my lifestyle, that I have boundaries and the only thing I am addicted to is sugar (which I'm trying to get control of). We got out of there and found a "classier" casino. To make a long story short, we were up $15 a one point and we were pretty certain we were going to get our hotel room. But quickly lost it and the rest of our money. I think Thurm and I both had a crazed "just $5 more dollars" look in our eye at different points during the night. But we got out of there before the neon lights and mirrors sucked us in forever.

No comments: