Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Married, Filing Jointly

Thurm and I have an on-going argument about what procrastination is. A big difference between the two of us is our 'speed.' Thurm belongs on a beach with all the other relaxed, easy-going people of the world. I am a little more tightly wound. When I think of something I need to do, I do it as soon as possible so I don't forget (I'm pretty forgetful). A recent example of our differences is that I have wanted to find out how we should file for our taxes this year. Do we need a professional? Should we file married, but separate? I have no idea. I have barely made it through my single-only debt is a car- taxes each year. So this has been hanging over my head for about a month. I keep procrastinating looking into how we need to do our taxes. Thurm's argument is that its not procrastination yet because I still have two months to file. But my point is that its been bothering me for a month and I still haven't done it. I guess we will agree to disagree. The good news is that I finally talked to someone at H&R and was advised that we can do it ourselves and to file married-jointly. Whew! Glad I have that monkey off my back.

No comments: