Everyday on my way home from work there is ridiculous traffic because of construction and people’s lack of ability to merge. So I’ve come up with a system of merging that cuts my time by about 10-15 minutes. And thanks to my job, I’ve built a simple map to illustrate this : ) I get on the freeway at the green star (which is covered by the word “Ramp.”) I have to merge with a bunch of cars at the red star. This area causes frustration because the same lane is used for people getting on the freeway and people exiting onto I-215. At the blue star (here is where the fancy merging starts) as soon as I can, I merge from the right lane to the far left lane, thus skipping all the idiot mergers. Then at the yellow star I merge from the far left lane to the far right lane because of construction. People in the left lane slow to a stop!!! Then after right after the construction area there is an on-ramp in the right lane. So again, I merge to the far left lane. All of this with-in a few miles... my mother would scold me. But it really does cut a good 10-15 minutes off my commute. And of course I use my blinker and give the wave to people who let me in.Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Everyday on my way home from work there is ridiculous traffic because of construction and people’s lack of ability to merge. So I’ve come up with a system of merging that cuts my time by about 10-15 minutes. And thanks to my job, I’ve built a simple map to illustrate this : ) I get on the freeway at the green star (which is covered by the word “Ramp.”) I have to merge with a bunch of cars at the red star. This area causes frustration because the same lane is used for people getting on the freeway and people exiting onto I-215. At the blue star (here is where the fancy merging starts) as soon as I can, I merge from the right lane to the far left lane, thus skipping all the idiot mergers. Then at the yellow star I merge from the far left lane to the far right lane because of construction. People in the left lane slow to a stop!!! Then after right after the construction area there is an on-ramp in the right lane. So again, I merge to the far left lane. All of this with-in a few miles... my mother would scold me. But it really does cut a good 10-15 minutes off my commute. And of course I use my blinker and give the wave to people who let me in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment