Last night we watched “Blood Diamond,” a movie I wasn’t that interested in seeing. When I first saw a preview of Leo DiCaprio shooting guns and speaking in a bad accent, (WHY do people keep casting him for roles with accents? He’s a great actor, I’ve really liked him ever since “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape,” but he’s not very good at accents. He is constantly slipping in and out of them.) I thought it looked like a plot-less action movie about a treasure hunt. But then it was nominated for an Oscar, I thought it couldn’t be that bad then. It was a good movie. In general it was an action flick, but the parts about war in Africa were so interesting and heart breaking. I kept wishing there was more history and facts. It just could have been so much better. But I don’t recommend it if you are sensitive to violence, which I am. It was sickening watching kids shoot up a village full of people with a machine gun.
I’ve been trying to read Jane Eyre for a month. Every time I lay (this could be the problem) down to read it, I fall asleep. I really like it! I didn’t think I’d ever love that era of literature, but it’s a classic for a reason. I think after I get through this book, I’ll try for Pride and Prejudice.
No comments:
Post a Comment