Our branch/ward here is never boring to attend. It is full of colorful people who make it constantly entertaining. This week Thurm & I attended Sunday school where the teacher, we'll call him John, was a bit aggressive. I'm not sure aggressive is the word... John is an older man, around sixty. And when the branch president asked if could interrupt for an announcement, John told him "no, you asked me to come teach and that's what I'm doing." I think John is just a big tease, but no one is quite sure how to take him. So his style of teaching was to play devils advocate to get the class into a big discussion. However, he was a little too good at it and some people were getting flustered or passionate. The discussion was getting pretty rowdy and John made a comment about people making mistakes in the gospel. John and the branch president were sort of talking over each other and suddenly the branch president yells "Hey, life's a dance, you learn as you go!"
It was at that moment, Thurm & I knew that you get blessing for going to church. We've been laughing over that for two days now. I can't wait for next week to see if any other country lyrics are thrown out during a discussion of the gospel.
1 comment:
Now I'm tempted to see if we can't get pres Baclayon to be so entertaining... :)
Post a Comment