Thursday, December 06, 2007

Two become Eight

For the past week Thurm and I have had a family of six living with us. When we first arrived in Wendover our neighbors asked us if we needed our extra bedroom. They have four kids and are living in a two bedroom apartment. We, of course, sympathized and wanted to help out. So we said "Of course! Please have our extra bedroom." It was our understanding that a wall or heavy double doors would divide our two apartments and our extra bedroom would become theirs. It has been months since this transaction has been talked about and so I was surprised to come home for lunch one day and have three men in our house discussing how they were going to change over this room to the other apartment. Being ever trusting, I assumed these men knew what they were doing.
I came home from work that night and heard children in our home. But at closer examination, the kids were just in our extra room. The men had basically just put a deadbolt on our flimsy cardboard door and cut a door out of the opposite wall for the other apartment. We can hear every word our neighbors say and they can hear every word we say. Tonight I listened to the mom read her children a bedtime story as I brushed my teeth. I walked past some cheerios laying on our floor that had somehow made their way underneath the door to our side. Thurm & I have been talking in hushed whispers to try to keep some privacy. The poor little girl who lives in the room has heard every noise that comes from our bathroom.
I've been assured by the School District who owns the property that the situation will be rectified this coming week. We'll see.

2 comments:

yo said...

how are they gonna fix it?

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.