Thursday, January 03, 2008

This year the adults in my family decided to not get each other gifts and save the money to go towards a cruise in a few years. There were some worries voiced that then we wouldn't get enough stuff for Christmas (I won't name names, but my little brother is pretty greedy). As you can see from the gluttony shown in one of the pictures below, we had a VERY merry Christmas and everyone had lots to be thankful for.
Thurm and I had 10 days off and we spent it between our two families. We spent those 10 days EATING, playing games, watching movies, EATING, and more eating. I gained five pounds, but I thought I had gained 10. So I'm not sure if I should feel guilty or not.
The big news that Thurm and I announced to our families is that we are having a baby!!!! YAY : ) I am three months and due June 18th. Thurm and the doctor disagree with that date, but I feel pretty sure about it. It was a surprise to our families as well as us, but we are ecstatic. After about 10 minutes of shock, we were both really happy and excited. Thurm has been ADORABLE about me being pregnant. I think being a father is going to be what he is best at in life. He is a fantastic husband, a great brother and son, a creative and entertaining writer, a genius boggle player, but he is going to be an AMAZING dad. I'm just as excited to see him as a dad as I am to see our new little baby. I haven't really felt too pregnant. I've been really lucky. I had morning sickness (all day sickness) but if I had a snack every hour or two I felt pretty decent. So I'm hoping the rest of the 6 months I feel just as good.
I haven't thought too much about the post-pregnancy. I do see crying, tantrum-throwing kids occasionally and feel a little dread. But Thurm & I know our kids are going to be angels, so we don't have much to worry about : )

No comments: