Saturday, February 09, 2008

I have officially felt the baby move. I think I've been feeling it for weeks now, but its hard to pin down. Its along the same sensation as having gas : ) So you can imagine my confusion. But I have now figured out what it feels like. Its cool/weird having another living person inside of me. Sometimes I feel like there is this alien parasite living off my host body. And other times, its so amazing to me that I'm in the beginning stages of motherhood. I've read about the nesting stage of pregnancy, I think I've definitely hit that stage. What with all the sewing, cooking, cleaning, etc. At least I have an excuse as to why I'm loosing my cool self to "mother Natalie." Thurm likes to call me "mama." But he's been calling me that since before we were dating. When we rode our scooter together around Taiwan he'd look back at me and say "ready mama?" He thinks its hilarious. But its making a come back now that I have a big belly.

Today feels like Spring here in Wendover. Its about time! We were so excited about it, we washed both cars inside and out just to be in the sun. Thurm went on a 15 mile run today. He has two months of training left before the marathon and he's doing really well. We had a realization the other day that we only have four months left in Wendover and before the baby comes. Which means we need start looking for jobs in Idaho and figuring out our future plans. We are gone over half of the weekends we have left on vacations, doctor appointments, etc. YAYAY!!! I'm trying not to get too excited about leaving Wendover in case we have to stay here another year. I don't want to cause myself an emotional breakdown : )

No comments: