Saturday, February 09, 2008

Awesome Pizza Crust Recipe

Pizza Crust

1 cup warm water
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
3 Tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour

Mix water, sugar, & yeast. Let yeast froth. Add the rest of ingredients. Mix. Let rest 10 minutes. Spread onto pizza pan. Add toppings. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

This recipe is really good. I made Margarita pizza the other night and it turned out SOOO good. Restaurant quality good. The recipe makes a lot of dough, so next time I might make two pizzas so the crust is thinner. While I preheated the oven, I put the empty baking stone in the oven to heat it up too. On the counter, I rolled out the dough into a big enough circle. Spread on the tomato sauce and sprinkled on mozzarella cheese. You could brush olive oil on the outside edges of the dough to make sure they don't get too crispy. I took out the baking stone, sprinkled it with corn meal, slide the pizza onto the stone. Baked it for 20 minutes. Right when I pulled it out of the oven, I laid fresh slices of tomato on top. REALLY GOOD!

No comments: