Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Wendover HS Spring Fling

I was asked to take dance pictures for the spring fling on Friday night. I thought for "Spring Fling" I would do a Springy background. So I put up a blue backdrop, a fake tree, fake flowers, etc. I asked the kids what they thought and they all really liked it. But I just couldn't do it. It was so cheesy-high-school-dance. I asked them what they have done in the past and the reply was butcher paper, die-cut outs, whatever is available... yuck! I needed to save these kids from crappy dance pictures. So I just did good ol' classic black. If I had access to a some stores other than Smiths (or "The Smith" as the Hispanics like to call it and what Thurm & I now like to call it) and the Dollar Store I might have been able to come up with something better, but I had to make due and black seemed the best choice. I realized after I picked all my favorite pictures from the dance that they were all the same pose. I must really like that pose. These kids were all so serious! I kept trying to get them to smile to no avail.




1 comment:

Pam said...

It's not cool to smile. As the photographer, you can only do so much. Nice choice with the black though, much better than cheesy.