So far in this pregancy, I think the thing that has thrilled me the most is feeling little feet (or what I think is a foot) push out. One Sunday in church, I could almost reach out and grab it through my belly. Thurm felt his foot the other night and then started playing "this little piggy." He makes me laugh.
The last month has been nothing but track meets for Thurm and baby appointments for me. We have been in SLC every weekend for the last four weeks and will go every weekend until the baby is born. I'm not complaining though. Its alot of gas money, but its fun to have something to do every weekend. I've also been taking lots of photos---senior pictures, dance pictures, day care pictures. If we stay next year, I think I have a small reputation and maybe will get more clients.
Thurm & I took a birth/labor class in SLC at LDS hospital where I deliver. They went over things like real labor vs Braxton Hicks contractions, medicine options, a tour of the hospital labor & delivery wing, lamaze, etc. We probably didn't need to take it, but it was fun and it made the whole process seem less mysterious.
We went to a Real Salt Lake soccer game a few weekends ago. They played L.A., so we got to see David Beckham score two goals. Our team worked so hard to get their goals and then Beckham just seemed to tap the ball in at the precise moment. Though he was on the rival team, the crowd couldn't help but be impressed both times and cheer wildly. I've decided soccer is WAY more fun to watch than alot of sports.
I turned 29 on May 9th and some of my family met us in SLC for dinner. It was really fun to spend some time with my family. We ate at Thaifoons and it was delicious. This year's b-day came and went, however, with not much thought. I went to work, drove to SLC for a baby appointment, met my family for dinner. The thought, "wow, 29!" crossed my mind and that was it. That is an OLD number--it really snuck up on me. I was just 26, how did it jump three years?
4 comments:
Happy birthday!
(Too late?)
One night you were talking about how you could feel the baby's legs up in your ribs, and I've got to tell you, that really creeped me out. Of course I've thought about babies tumbling all over, but for some reason that seemed so real for once.
I can't wait for that little guy.
P.S.
I checked out your wedding photos ... and totally started to cry. I'm a big lamo that loves you two to the max.
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! I still have a few months before the big 2-9, weren't we just 16 like yesterday? Can't wait to see that sweet little baby of yours!
Post a Comment