Friday, January 16, 2009

blessing 5

Tithing.
For those unfamiliar with the LDS religion, we pay 10% of income as tithing to the Lord. This goes to help build churches and temples, operating funds for wards and stakes, help the missionaries, etc. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33).
Its a way for me to show Heavenly Father that I'm grateful for all the blessings he gives me.
Thurm and I just recently paid our tithing. We stuck the 10% in a savings account all year and paid it in one lump sum. I have to admit that it was a little hard writing that huge check and handing it over. But I can't tell you how blessed we have been from paying our tithing. Money has been tight, especially since Thurm has been so wonderful about being the sole provider and encouraging me to stay at home with Quinn. But we have somehow always had enough for everything we need and want. In the last two months we have gotten two unexpected checks for $100 each. I know that its because we pay tithing, Heavenly Father makes sure it all works out for us.

No comments: