Thurm and I committed and paid to run the SLC Marathon....well, Thurm is doing the half-marathon and I'm doing the 5k. But still. Thurm hasn't run since last years marathon and I haven't run since...never. So last night we signed up and took our voyage run. Two miles with little Quinn in his awesome BOB running stroller. And when I say run, I mean walking more than half. But it felt good and its nice to have a little motivation. We have about 3 months to get in decent enough shape to not embarrass ourselves. Thurm has more reason to be embarrassed by a slow time because he ran last years marathon and has a reputation to uphold. At least I have being chubby and giving birth SEVEN months ago as an excuse? We saw the "Clydesdale and Athena" division of the race. This is a nicer way of putting the "Fat, obese, and overweight" division. And while maybe we qualify for this division, I was put off by Clydesdale. CLYDESDALE! Athena isn't much better. I won't lower myself. I am an obese person in denial. I make fun of other fat people.
So I have my sister-in-law talked into doing it. Maybe my little bro. Anyone else? A 5k is only three miles! Who's with me!?!?!
2 comments:
Awesome. Doesn't sounds at all tempting to me, but you go girl!
Sign me up! I might be able to bamboozle a sister of mine to join us.
Post a Comment