Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Quinn took a few steps on Saturday! Our baby is growing up. However, he doesn't seem very interested in walking. He has too much fun falling for walking. So I'm sure it will still be awhile before he is completely upright. Not too much news. I have been semi-busy taking photos for seniors and kids. One session a week keeps me busy, but not too busy that I can't enjoy my baby. I am still babysitting two other babies about 20 hours a week and will do so until we move. Its been fun for Quinn to have friends over occasionally. He is so cute and always hugs and kisses them. However, the other babies don't think its so cute. To them they are just getting mauled and pushed over and they usually cry. We have been teaching Quinn "soft and gentle." We found out Quinn is allergic to strawberries when his whole body broke out in hives over a tiny piece.

Thurm has had track meets once a week for the last few months. His last meet is next weekend! YAY! He has around 20 days of school left. I am often thankful I don't have Thurm's job. And I'm also thankful that he actually likes teaching. Last summer we moved to Pocatello for a few months and had a baby. And this summer we are moving towns and buying a house. So Thurm is going to try to find a summer job and fit that it, but we'll see what happens. We have no idea when we will close on a house and will be able to move. We are going to look again this Friday and hope to find our dream house : )

I am turning 30 on May 9th. When a friend turned 30 and complained about being old, I wisely and zen-like told her to just accept her age and love the stage you are at in life. Don't tell her this, but I might not turn 30 as gracefully as I'd like to think I will. I haven't thought much about it. It's just an age. And I LOVE, LOVE the stage I'm at in life. I don't think it gets much better than "in-love---fairly-newly-married---with-a-sweet-baby" stage. Ever since Thurm & I got married I've told him "its only down hill from here." But its only gotten better and better (well, if we don't take into consideration weight gain). I hope that trend continues. However, the phrase "I'm 30 years old" doesn't roll off the tongue very nicely : (

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Walking? We are really missing out! Maybe when you live in Tooele we will be better about getting out to see you.

Give him hugs from his unknown relatives. : )

Nichelle said...

I love to watch them accomplish new skills! Turning 30--I didn't do it as gracefully as I thought I would when I was younger:) Once your there though you kind of forget about it.

By the way we will be coming to Pocatello the Middle of July until the end of July maybe the beginning of August (depends on when the kids school starts here). I would love it if we could get together!

DeAnna said...

I envy your positive outlook. Note to self...