I went to Thurm's school a couple times this week to help him set up his classroom. And I realized that I'm a little disgruntled that his occupation requires me to forever be apart of high school. I couldn't wait to be out of high school and never looked back when I left. Only recently have I even been in contact with friends from high school. Not that I had a bad experience, but I was just biding my time till I could forever be done with petty girls, popularity contests, flirting with silly boys. A few years ago in college I ended up hanging out one evening with a couple of football players from high school. They both reminisced about high school being the "best days of their lives" and how they wished they could go back. I laughed out loud. That's just crazy. Thank goodness there are good teachers out there that are willing to put up with the silliness and arrogance of teenagers.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Quinn went to his first concert last night, Iron & Wine. He stayed up the latest he's stayed up since he was born, 10pm!!! I have to admit, I was trying really hard not to think about him getting off his schedule and to just enjoy the concert. It was an awesome concert, I love his music. But I think Thurm & I both felt like that scene isn't as appealing as it once was. It made us appreciate that we are happily married and living the family life. I think we got our fill of being single, hanging out with all the hip people of SLC. But I do love a good concert. Especially at outdoor venues.





I went to Thurm's school a couple times this week to help him set up his classroom. And I realized that I'm a little disgruntled that his occupation requires me to forever be apart of high school. I couldn't wait to be out of high school and never looked back when I left. Only recently have I even been in contact with friends from high school. Not that I had a bad experience, but I was just biding my time till I could forever be done with petty girls, popularity contests, flirting with silly boys. A few years ago in college I ended up hanging out one evening with a couple of football players from high school. They both reminisced about high school being the "best days of their lives" and how they wished they could go back. I laughed out loud. That's just crazy. Thank goodness there are good teachers out there that are willing to put up with the silliness and arrogance of teenagers.
I went to Thurm's school a couple times this week to help him set up his classroom. And I realized that I'm a little disgruntled that his occupation requires me to forever be apart of high school. I couldn't wait to be out of high school and never looked back when I left. Only recently have I even been in contact with friends from high school. Not that I had a bad experience, but I was just biding my time till I could forever be done with petty girls, popularity contests, flirting with silly boys. A few years ago in college I ended up hanging out one evening with a couple of football players from high school. They both reminisced about high school being the "best days of their lives" and how they wished they could go back. I laughed out loud. That's just crazy. Thank goodness there are good teachers out there that are willing to put up with the silliness and arrogance of teenagers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those are the same thoughts I have about high school everytime someone mentions how much they miss that time in their lives:)
Post a Comment