Friday, December 11, 2009

I had a realization yesterday.  I have always wondered why mothers always seem to have so much confidence. More than once, I have ran into a high school friend with three kids and they are so outgoing and friendly and seem to exude so much confidence.  I alway thought "why do I feel so intimidated by them? I have my degree, a career, I've traveled the world."  BUT I realized yesterday its not so much confidence as it is desperation to talk to another adult! I saw a friend in Ikea yesterday and I was so excited to talk to someone besides my baby and husband that I chatted her ear off for 15 minutes.

We went to get-together with my college roommates a couple weeks ago and while we there my friend's husband, Scott,  gave us a gift that was one of the most special, amazing gifts I've ever gotten. Heather and Scott had come to our temple wedding and he took notes during the ceremony of what the sealer talked about. I was so excited about getting married that I couldn't remember a thing about what was said during our sealing. And I thought I'd never know and had wished a few different times that I could remember even a little bit of what was said.  Scott had taken notes and then right after wrote down word for word what he could remember. He typed it up, put a picture of the Salt Lake temple behind it and framed it for us.  How amazing!  I tear up just thinking about how thoughtful that was.

2 comments:

Pam said...

amen to the talking to adults!

and that's an awesome gift. I wish someone had done that for us.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.