Friday, March 05, 2010

Fabric Starching

This is the coolest craft I've done so far. The train is fabric dipped in a mixture of cornstarch and water and then wallpapered to the wall.  A woman online re-covered her kitchen cabinets this way. Its so cool because its easy to peel off when you get sick of it, and its an easy way to decorate.  Sort of like vinyl, but with way more options of fabric!  I think this train is the cutest craft I've ever done. I love it. 

I'm not sure if I love the one in my kitchen.  I like the fabric, but I don't know about the design.  When I picked out the fabric, Quinn looked at it and said "Coot! (cute)"

2 comments:

Debi said...

I agree that is the cutest craft I have seen in a while. I think in your kitchen you should try another flower on the other side of the plate instead of the small flowers. Maybe the symmetry will help you like it more. I really like your colors. They are awesome. Don't you love it when home improvement projects turn out well! Debi

Natalie said...

Hmm, I like your idea Debi. Thurm suggested that two of the items were 3D and the fabric was flat to the wall and maybe that's why I didn't like it. I"m not sure. I'll try the symmetry : ) Of all the pictures I've seen on your blog, you have great taste. I love all the colors you painted in your house!

BTW your girls are adorable!!