I was put in as primary president today. I'm two days overdue. And surprisingly feeling pretty peaceful about both. On my due date, Friday the 9th, I was feeling a little cranky and on the verge of tears. We were at Thurm's family reunion Thursday-Saturday and my impending delivery was one of the top topics. I think talking about it so much made me feel even more anxious to just get this baby out of me. So I went on Friday to get my membrane's striped. Nothing happened, so I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday to get it done again and set up an induction date. With Quinn, I was 11 days late and STILL had to be induced. I knew this, but somehow hoped the 2nd baby would be different. I'm thinking it won't be. But since going to the doctor I've chilled out and decided "he'll come when he's ready." I don't want to be induced, but know that it might be my fate again. With Quinn I was on pit and an epidural for 12 hours and I feel like that was part of why Quinn had to be in the NICU. He breathed in some yucky green stuff and had to take antibiotics for a week to clear out his lungs. It just makes me wonder if I hadn't had all those drugs going through me if things would have been different. AND I didn't like being drugged up because I had to just lay there all day and couldn't walk or stand because of IV's. I think labor and delivery makes more sense with gravity working in your favor. AND drugs really effect me. I take an aspirin and it knocks me out. I was SO tired from all the drugs going through me that I slept through Quinn's first night of life, which messed up nursing. I could go on and on about how I want things to be different this time around.
Primary president was next to the last calling I would have wanted. The last would be any calling in boy scouts. But again, surprisingly, I'm totally fine with it and feel really good about it. I had a conversation just a week earlier with a friend about how a primary calling is the kiss of death, and I wouldn't use the word "excited," but I'm feeling good about it. I feel like I'll do a good job at it. Its a good time in my life for a calling like this and being a leader is something I feel comfortable with. The only problem is the timing. I just needed like one more month to get into a groove with the new baby. But today after my counselors and I were set apart one came up to me and said "I'll be conducting and doing sharing time next Sunday and Debbi will be doing the Sunday after that." I didn't even have to ask. I feel really good about the women who will be serving with me. I teared up several times during their blessings because I knew they were supposed to be in those positions.
Quinn has been complaining about his shoulder hurting him all week. At the beginning of the week he cried every time we picked him up under his arms, so we thought maybe it was his ribs. But he continues to run and play and lift his arms above his head. There are certain motions that he kept crying about though. So today at church I had an ER nurse give it a look and he thought his collar bone was broken. It's definitely swollen and very tender. We probably should take him to get an x-ray just for peace of mind knowing what is wrong with him. But they can't do anything for a broken collar bone, so its sort of pointless. Plus its been a week and he acts like he feels pretty good except when we push on his collar bone. Poor little guy. He's had a rough month of being out of his schedule, not getting enough sleep, missing naps, running wild with his cousins, eating sugary snacks instead of meals. And now we are going to rock his world with a new baby brother. I can't wait to get him back on a sleep schedule, consistent discipline, and healthy food. I know it will make me feel better.
5 comments:
Primary President? Wow. I am so impressed with your positive attitude. I would have cried. My little brother has broken his collar bone three times. He wore a brace for awhile, but I remember the doctor telling him the most important thing was that he was careful that he didn't re-break it right after it healed ... which he did.
You'll do great with everything!!! Primary isn't so bad. I have been in for 11 years. It's great. The kids love you NO matter what. When I do get the opportunity to go to RS (when we move) I almost don't know what to do with myself. How do you sit for 2 hours without singing songs to get the wiggles out and stretch:)
Just so you know, Wade broke Dane's collar bone (I like to say that Wade did it because it makes me laugh. He wouldn't have been near as laid back about it if it was me pushing the swing), and we didn't do anything. It healed up on its own. He did complain for the first 3 - 4 days but after that he was fine.
Poor guy. It is always tough for me to decide whether to go to the hospital/dr because a lot of the times they don't do anything it is always a waiting game which drives me crazy! I can't imagine thinking something is broken and there is nothing they do for it. Annoying. Anyway congrats on the calling! I am also the primary pres. It can be fun just make it fun. Roll with the problems of teachers not showing to teach and having to find new teachers. I have to do it a lot because we live in a ward of lots of navy families who come and go. I got called while I was pregnant but not about to give birth. Good luck, you will do great! Debi
Wow! Debi, sounds like you were in my same boat! I guess if you handled it, I can too : )
Thanks for the support my wonderful family & friends!
Post a Comment