Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Update:: July 2010

We went to two doctors appointments yesterday. One for me and one for Quinn. Quinn had his two year shots and we asked the Dr about allergies. Quinn is constantly rubbing his eyes and nose and he says "nose bug" alot.  So I bought him some children's claritan yesterday and last night was the first time he's slept through the night in weeks! However, he's been sleeping in a different place every week, so being at home in his own bed might have been part of the solution as well.  He also hurt a rib or something because every time we pick him up under his arms he cries in pain. The doctor checked him out but didn't find anything. It stinks not knowing what is wrong with your child, even when its something fairly small.
Thurm & I have been meaning to journal about Quinn and who he is at two--seems easier to type than write with a pen.  Quinn has been very independent lately and his favorite phrase is "want to do it" said in a whiny voice. He wants to do everything himself, which is actually kind of nice since I have no energy to do it for him.  However, its caused many a mess.  On Sunday he wanted to take off his own diaper, which I didn't realize was poopy. Poop everywhere!!! It took 20 minutes to clean up him, his clothes, everywhere he stepped, touched.  Gross.
He talks a ton! The doctor kept commenting on his advanced speech.  He talks basically in sentences and says anything he wants to.  Its amazing that a two year old can hold conversations about his life.  I wish I learned as fast as a two year old! He really doesn't like Thurm & I to sing along to songs in the car and says "no daddy sing."  Which of course, makes his mature father sing louder : ( He tells us alot "no church." Makes me worry for when he's a teenager if he's already rebelling against church.  When I give him things he's asked for he says "thanks, your welcome."
He is very social and loves other kids and animals. He has been around lots of cousins this month and he has loved every minute of it. He calls all kids his age "friend."  "Hi friend!"   He still hasn't figured out that hitting or "love tapping" (I'm sure that's how he thinks of it) isn't nice.  He will hit out of excitement and happiness. I think he's just not sure how to express himself.  I need to show him an alternate way of express excitement...maybe clapping?
He has been relatively naughty this month, which I think is a result of being in a new environment every few days. He hasn't had alot of consistency and I know he needs that. The days we've been home and in our regular routine he has been very obedient.
Quinn talks about the baby in my tummy everyday and gives him kisses all the time. I'm so excited for him to actually see the baby and have a new friend.  I'm sure there are going to be jealous moments and some stress over the change. But we've been preparing him to be gentle and telling him that mommy can't always hold him.  I think he's going to love having a little baby to kiss and hug and play with.

At my doctor's appointment I found out that I am at 2 cm and 75% effaced. The doctor said if I haven't gone into labor by Friday I can get my membrane's stripped. However, we are going to be in Payson for Thurm's family reunion. If I don't go Friday, I have to wait for Tuesday the 13th, which will put me four days past my due date. I realize this isn't that long, but when it gets to the end, every day is torture. I was a little grumpy yesterday because I was fat, tired, pregnant, hot, and had the beginnings of a headache. I never get headaches and when I do I can usually just sleep them off. But last night at 5am I had to break down and take tylenol.  I'm feeling alot better today, Thurm let me sleep in and keeps telling me to just take a day off and do nothing. Which is exactly what I want to do. This whole month has been going somewhere or someone coming to visit. I think I've deep cleaned my house spot loss 5 or 6 times in the few days we've actually been home and I'm  freaking tired....and grumpy.

Thurm deserves husband/daddy of the year. He has been so willing to do anything and everything I ask him to do.  He hasn't had any time to enjoy his summer off. He has been picking up the slack where I've been too tired. He has been taking care of Quinn. He's been working outside in our yard every chance he can. And on top of it all he tells me to quit working and relax : )

Tomorrow is the kick off to Thurm's family reunion.  We are meeting at the Oquirrh Mt. Temple to do some temple work and then off to Payson for 3 fun filled days.  Volleyball, basketball, hiking, slip & slides, swimming, trampolines, etc. I'm pretty sure I'll be bowing out of ALL of that and taking a nap.  I probably should be doing it to induce labor, but that sounds like that last thing I want to be doing right now.  I'm tired...and grumpy : )

1 comment:

Debi said...

Good luck on going into labor! Luckily I have never made it to my due date so when it comes time for me, I will be tired and grumpy but I won't have to wait as long! Hope to see the new arrival soon! Debi