Thursday, June 09, 2011

Jens-11 months

Jens is 11 months old in a few days!  I can't believe how fast this year has gone!  Thurm & I were talking about how sweet our baby is the other day and talking about all the cute stuff he does and how we haven't written anything in our journals since he was born. So I wanted to write a few things down about him at this age.
Jens, whom we all call Jensy or Jensipan is a JOY. You hear parents say that, but he actually is a joy. He brings me nothing but happiness. I never feel anger, frustration, exhaustion, or anything negative toward him. I only ever feel love and patience for him. I sure hope thats how it goes with any other children I have (poor Quinn never got this much love and patience).
He crawls, climbs and stands like a madman. He has had a couple moments of standing without holding onto anything, but lowers himself to the ground after a few seconds. He doesn't seem too interested in walking yet, which is fine by me.
Meal time is spent STANDING up in his high chair. He will not sit down. We repeatedly sit him down and he instantly stands up. We seat belt him in and he wriggles out and stands up.  He throws food on the floor. He wipes his tray back and forth with his hand sending food flying everywhere.  If he wants something he yells until we give it to him, usually food or drinks. This makes him sound obnoxious, but its really cute. He has being crazy lately. He will clinch his fists and shake them.  He can crawl up and down stairs. He repeats sounds like "up, up, up, ut, ut, ut, ma, ma, da, da" Blows air sounds out of his mouth. He smiles constantly and especially if you smile at him.  He is always happy. Even when he is exhausted and on the verge of sleep, he'll look up at me and smile.  He laughs at Quinn alot and when we tickle him. The other night he was nursing and he smiled up at me and it made me laugh. He felt my stomach push out as I laughed and he tried to do it himself. Which made me laugh again, which made him try to push his stomach out again. This went on and on.  He LOVES to be held and wishes he could be carried all day long. He has wispy, fine, blond hair that is so sweet and I need to capture in a photo.
Today was the first time that I've yelled a firm "NO" at him for crawling from his high chair onto the counter. His face completely crumpled and he burst into tears. It was the cutest/saddest/sweetest thing to watch.  I felt bad that it was his first time getting yelled at, but it had to happen sooner or later : )
He LOVES his blanket. He GIGGLES when you rub it on his face or put it over his head. He loves to be wrapped in it.

No comments: