{Nov 9th} I am thankful for art and creativity. I never think of myself as an artistic person. Its just not a title I've owned yet. I've owned single girl, business woman, married woman, mom, photographer... but don't title myself as artistic. But I am. I love art and creating things and always have. Thurm and I talked about this a few weeks ago. We find things we are good at early in life and usually stick to them. We consider these our talents. But why can't I be a pianist at age 32? Why can't I become a runner after having four kids? These aren't things that I'm good at now, but its not too late to find new titles for ourselves. So I'm setting some goals to be an artist, a runner, a musician, an activist....
{Nov 10th} I am thankful for my brain. There is absolutely no way to write this without sounding cocky and pretentious, but I'm thankful to be smart. School has always been relatively easy (except statistics, accounting, finance, anything that was required for my major ; ). I can pretty much figure whatever I want out and catch onto things quickly. Today I fixed TWO toilets and was pretty proud. Thurm comes home and tells me about kids that he teaches who have serious mental problem and just don't have the capacity to learn. It makes me feel blessed that learning isn't one of the things I struggle with in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment