I really hate country music. Let me give you a sample of why I hate it so much. This is a song by Toby Keith, a white trash, male chauvinist:
"If I Was Jesus, I’d have some real long hair
A robe and some sandals, is exactly what I’d wear
I’d be the guy at the party, turnin’ water to wine
Yeah me and my disciples, we’d have a real good time.
Ooh and I’d lay my life down for you (woooooh)
And I show you who’s the boss (woooooh)
I’d forgive you and adore you
While I was hangin’ on"
I could post the lyrics to many other offensive, ignorant, lame, just plain crap songs, but I don't want anyone else to have to suffer as I have. I have had to listen to country music everyday since working at the casino's. My three co-workers favorite music is country or oldies. And one day I realized why... because that's what the casino's play! I don't think they've ever been exposed to other kinds of music!!! Their whole world revolves around the casinos. So I've decided that I don't care about being accommodating anymore. I am bringing in my CD's and forcing my music on them for their own education and growth. I've started off slow with Josh Grobin. He is loved the world over, so I figured he was a safe bet. I threw in some good 80's ballads... they need to work up from the oldies. And in the next week we'll move into the 90's with some U2. I'll have to see how it goes from there. I used to think I could stand a little Garth Brookes occasionally, but I think this experience has ruined me of all country music. Well... maybe not Johnny Cash,he's just good.
3 comments:
I applaud your efforts. You are truly making the world a better place. Thankfully none of my co-workers listen to country, but a couple of months ago I got into the car of a new friend and found out she listens to country. It always shocks me that people listen to that crap. I'm not sure that friendship will last.
Cami- I think thats a valid reason to break up a friendship. Music says alot about a person.
Ever hear from Jonathan? Its been months and I want a jona-fix.
Ha! jona-fix, I like that. He is my drug of choice. I tried detox, rehab, and replacements, nothing worked, so I've learned to just live with the addiction. We email often, but it's just not the same.
Post a Comment