Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quinn & I had a fun day yesterday. We drove to SLC to get a cell phone at the Gateway. While we were there we looked in some stores, ate lunch and then played in the fountain. Well, he thought the water was cold, so he watched other kids play in the fountain.  On our way home we got off at the Saltair exit and drove to Black Rock and played in the Salt Lake for a bit. Some lady that was there gave me a history about the lake that was interesting. In the 1950's the Saltair was in its hay day. It was the "Coney Island" of the west. It had roller coasters and amusement park type activities.  It was hugely popular but then there was a fire in the 60's and it just never made a come back. Apparently Lagoon used to be on the lake and was similar to the Saltair. Next to visiting Temple Square, visiting the Salt Lake is the second most popular site to see while visiting SLC.
After our afternoon nap we at pizza at the park and played on the toys. Then we went to Walmart to get much needed groceries. It was a fun day. Today won't be as fun. I've been watering the garden and lawn for the last 2 hours and now I need to clean the house.

My little man is turning TWO tomorrow! These two years have flown by. I was contemplating my impending labor and delivery and was thinking how it seems like just a few months ago I was in the hospital with Quinn.  In a conversation with my mom last week she said that her child rearing years were the happiest she's ever had. I have a feeling its going to be that way for me too. These last two years have been the happiest and most content I've ever been. What a wonderful thing, to be a mother.

No comments: